Friday, March 4, 2016

The Everglades

There is no other ecosystem like the Everglades in the entire world. It is a mix between lakes, rivers, and swamps and we were going to see it. But to be honest, I was more excited about the alligators. Upon arrival, we began heading towards a walkway that looped around a small portion of the Everglades. The landscape was amazing but as we walked I began to get more and more impatient. I really wanted to see an alligator and so far there had been two but one was too far away and the other was too busy with people watching it sleep. We were almost to the end of the walk when one of the park rangers told us to move to the left quickly. I didn't know why until I noticed the alligator laying just a few inches from the walkway. It wasn't as big as the other two but was still amazing to see. The ranger explained that this one was a Juvenile and that if it wanted to, could cover 30 feet in a second. 


No comments:

Post a Comment